Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Decorating Help, please...

I have had a bathroom re-do idea brewing in my head for a few months. Here is the current bathroom for Haley and Hope. Not bad, but not grand.


I don't feel like this bathroom looks fresh and fun, especially the cabinets. It looks dated and drab.






This picture, from a blog, is what got me to start thinking about making some up-dates in the bath. We are not handy people so this board and batten idea appealed to me. This blogger used just boards on the wall (not actual bead board) and painted it all white. I think it looks really nice. You can check out the process and more pictures for yourself here...
http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-board-and-batten.html
But here is my question: I am thinking of doing the board and batten 2/3 or 3/4 up the wall in the bathroom and paint the trim white to match. I would also like to frame out the mirror to make it look more custom. I like the idea of how it will lighten it all up. But what color should I go with for the cabinets and walls. Tell me your vote ~ I really want to know.



Idea #1 ~ white cabinetry with tan, neutral walls.

Idea #2 ~ white cabinetry with bright walls such as this green.


Idea #3 ~ distressed cabinetry with blue and white. It looks like the cabinets have little color to them in this photo. This might be more practical for our own "distressing" in a house with 4 kids? I don't know.


What do you think? I would love to know your thoughts BUT one warning ~ I have no idea when I will actually get around to doing this. I love the idea stage but the work and $ tend to slow me down ~ ahhh, reality! Eventually, I will summon the courage (and about half way through painting wonder WHY I AM DOING THIS?!)

If you have other ideas, I am open. If you live close and LOVE to paint, definitely give me a call!
Thanks for the help!




4 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

#2 is definately my favorite. Our den is that green and I luv it. Even if you go with a different color the contrast wud be very nice.

Ashley Baner said...

I am not a fan of the tan for a girl's bathroom. Definitley make it fun and bright!! The green was amazing. I know Amber Z. painted her cabnets in her kitchen and they look great. It might not be that expensive to do what you are thinking! I am not sure about the painting help but I would LOVE to come see it when you are done!!

Anonymous said...

My vote is # 3 and I will be glad to come and help you paint!
~~Mom Lehman

Britni said...

#2 w/ a fun color would be really cute! I bet if you got a semi-gloss or glossy white that any dirt would just wipe off the cabinets and stuff.