Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

This past Sunday we had a surprise birthday party for my dad's 60th birthday! It was so fun!


Haley on "look out" for Grandpa and Grandma's van.


Surprise!!!!!!




Tables full of friends and family.





The kiddos got the hot seats on the front porch :-) They did not seem to mind.



Miso from Korea and Evelyn from Germany were visiting my aunt again. It was fun to have them there. Our kids love them!


My two aunts in the kitchen, making everything run smoothly.




Precious friends. Kevin and Dix and Denny and Bonnie.




Andy and the two Daves :-)


Bill and Patsy.



Cute picture of Dave and Brenda that Caleb actually took.
It was fun to be with my parents friends. What precious friendships through many years! I know several of dad and mom's friends prayed for me at different times in my life and my parents prayed for their kids too. I feel like the bond goes on now into Andy and my friendship's with many of their children and then with our kids ( their grand kids). What a rich blessing!
Thank you Jesus. You are the bond of these relationships!




A skit by the Thomas clan ~ always a good time.


Dean the "nursing home director."



Ray and Marcia played by Adam and Lexi as they admit "Ray" to the nursing home!



Happy Birthday dad! I am thankful for 60 years of your life and 33 years in my life with you. I love you and mom and am very blessed to have you as my parents!




7 comments:

Patty said...

Jill, what a beautiful family. I cannot believe how big Caleb is getting, how all the kids are growing!

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Jill~
What a great party! Your parents are such true and special friends to mine and I'm so thankful for them!! Happy Birthday Ray!

Jessica said...

What a super fun party! And an even more super fun bond to all of those amazing people! You are blessed Jill. I think your parents are very special people.

Alesa said...

Awww...these pictures make me so happy. Seeing the Bauers, Kaebs, Kaufmanns and Knapps all together brings back so many good memories!

Jill said...

I agree Alesa! I was excited to have a reason to be with them! Your mom cut our bunnies nails. Haley thinks she is so cool:-) She is!

I told your parents of your sacraficial babysitting for us!

Jill said...

I agree Alesa! I was excited to have a reason to be with them! Your mom cut our bunnies nails. Haley thinks she is so cool:-) She is!

I told your parents of your sacraficial babysitting for us!

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Thanks so much, Jill and Andy, for hosting it and including us. These friendships are so precious!

We love your whole family!

Dennis & Bonnie