Thursday, January 22, 2009

Caleb-isms



I have a journal for each of our kids and try to write down funny, cute or special things they say, well Mr.Caleb has had a slew of them lately, may I share a few:




One night at dinner Caleb asked to use chopsticks to eat. Andy said okay, but do you know how to use them?


To which Caleb replied, "YEAH dad, I was born in Korea!!"


(Excuse us, we did not realize they use them with baby food :-) )





At Christmas, after we had opened our gifts with my mom and dad, my dad asked Caleb what he wanted to be when he grew up. We thought he would say a farmer since he just gotten a barn or the typical fireman.

Nope.

He said a "paleontologist."

We all said "what" like three times, "what, a politician?"

"No, a paleontologist!"

What's a paleontologist, we asked.

Caleb replied, "they dig for dinosaur bones."





Okay, last one...at Christmas while Andy's family was at our house, Caleb was playing with his little cousin Violet. She was laughing at him and then squealing at him to do more. Finally, he said with authority:

"Violet, I am NOT a toy!"








8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness...so so so funny and cute! I love the chopstick one...what a funny little boy :)

Wendy said...

Hi Jill! Just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hello! Your family is beautiful!!

Wendy Prather

Tami said...

hilarious!!! i was actually just talking to heidi today about when caleb and cade play together in sunday school (which they do a lot), i always have this strong urge to want to join in 'cause i feel this 'asian connection' to them...but then i was laughing 'cause i was like, 'i'm sure they don't think of themselves as asian at all'...looks like i was wrong! :)
love it.
do you look at your son and wonder if you have a genius on hand? paleontologist?! i only knew that from the sitcom FRIENDS...and i'm pretty sure that's not where he got it!

Kasey said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to see you have a blog. I will definitely enjoy keeping up with you this way. You have such an adorable family (and funny too!)

Marie Stork said...

Thanks for the early morning laugh here. How cute! And I love his smile!!

Brooke said...

I had no idea he was such a comedian! Funny.

Good for you for keeping track of those cute sayings... that's something everyone will enjoy for years!

megs @ whadusay said...

I just love Caleb. He cracks me up!

Mindy said...

That Caleb is hilarious! Loved the quotes!

I also had to laugh that I, like Tami, only knew what a paleontologist was because of Friends. :)

Welcome to blogland! Fun to have you here!!