Saturday, April 25, 2009

Girl Time...

Last weekend, Haley and I attended a "Secret Keeper Girl" event. This ministry puts on a fun show with a message to girls ages 8-12 about their identity being in Christ, modesty and true beauty. We had a great time! The "Secret Keeper Girl" staff does a great job of being fun and entertaining while keeping the message clear and Biblical.




We went with some great friends which is always fun!



Sharing a hot cocoa with Haley. I think the most meaningful part of the event for me was when the speaker asked us, moms, to tell our daughters what we loved about them and then we prayed over our girls and they received a one-of-a-kind handmade braided bracelet to remind them that they are God's unique creation.

I think Haley just loved the attention and special girl time. It was a reminder that kids spell love as t-i-m-e.




10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Jill, that sounds like an amazing event! So thankful that there are ministries like this. Glad that you and Haley had such a great time of bonding too!

Ashley Baner said...

I would love to talk to you sometime about this. I have been asked to speak about purity/modesty at Girl's Camp in June! I need some great resourses.

Kristy said...

Wow, what a great ministry! It looks like you both had such a fun time and you can see how special Haley feels!

Brooke said...

Such a neat event- when I first heard about it last year, it made me excited to go (someday!)- I'm so thankful there are neat ministries like this out there!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so awesome--where was it at? I'll have to ask you more about it at bible study-sounds like a great thing to do with Mariah sometime!

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign my name on the last comment!
janelle :)

Heidi said...

How fun Jill! It made me want to have a little girl so much! So wonderful to see you building that relationship with your kids.

Marie Stork said...

Sounds so special. I also would love to know more about this. It would be fun to take Michaela to this sometime.

Amber said...

Looks like we have lots of future secret keeper girls! How fun . . .and what great memories.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making this a priority Jill and Andy.

Such an valuable and tremendous opportunity on so many levels.

So glad that you took the time as it is amazing how quickly the opportunities for this type of investment pass by. Haley will never ever forget this and it will be a time that she will reflect on many times in her life.