Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From the Heart...

Our church has been study the book of James together. I was doing my devotion in James today which I have to confess, a bit half-hearted, more because I know I need to get it done rather than a deep desire. I have been feeling tired and just plain unmotivated lately.

God is so faithful. I just felt so ministered by Him during my devo (thank you God!). I wrote this e-mail to Andy and thought I would share it here too. Maybe it will be an encouragement to you...




Also, I was convicted of my tiredness... I read these verses:

Ps. 34:1 " I will extol the Lord at ALL times; His praise will ALWAYS be on my lips."

Heb. 13:15 " Through Jesus, therefore, let us CONTINUALLY offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess HIS NAME."

Eph. 5:20 "ALWAYS giving thanks to God in EVERYTHING, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

I was convicted to have more "praise on my lips at all times." I think it is easy for me to feel down with all the sour news of the economy and all my fears with raising a family, doing a good job etc... This attitude of mine does not honor God and certainly zaps energy! He is honored by faith and trust. It feels good to be convicted of this and I am going to focus on praising Him today!


What can mortal man or a bad economy do? My HOPE and salvation is in God - THE creator of Heaven and Earth. He speaks and it is done. He is so powerful and yet, He allows me to know Him personally, to live in my heart which is dirty and filthy but made clean by Him?? Awesome! I have EVERYTHING to be thankful for!

4 comments:

Marie Stork said...

Thanks Jill! Such good thoughts to reflect on. I can only imagine is playing right now and those words echo in my heart also. Imagine what Heaven will be like and then this "stuff" here on earth is nothing!
Marie

megs @ whadusay said...

Amen friend, Amen!

Wendy S said...

I think I should read James at least a couple of times a year. That book can help you refocus, can't it? Good stuff!

Janet said...

appreciated your thoughts...nice to meet you here and to see your beautiful children. What an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness!